Gas Engine Model IX / X
The Model IX / X were further two 200 hp gas engines based on the Model VII. They were operated by neon gas. Both engines were built for Berlin-Anhaltinische Maschinenbau AG (BAMAG) in Dessau in 1893. Later these engines were modified to blast furnance gas.
Hugo Junkers left the Versuchsanstalt in 1893 and established his own Versuchsanstalt. Oechelhaeuser continued the gas engine development until 1896 and finally finished a 1800 hp gas engine. In 1910 a total of 514 Oechelhaeuser engines were operating worldwide. The Model IX / X were the final engines, which were developed by Hugo Junkers at the Versuchsanstalt Oechelhaeuser and Junkers.
- gwf-gas.de - Excellent article about Oechelhaeuser's gas engine developments
introduced Sept 2017
contents last updated 2 Sept 2017