Junkers Zweigwerk Koethen
In January 1935 the Papiermaschinenfabrik Wagner + Co. Koethen was aquired by Junkers Flugzeug- und Motorenwerke. This factory was rebuilt as a serial engine production shop. Most of the Motorenwerke at Dessau were transfered to Koethen in 1935, while just the developement team and a prototype workshop remained at Dessau. Initially the Jumo 210 was produced at Koethen, but later on also Jumo 211 and Jumo 213 were serial produced here. Until 1945 the following number of engines were built here:
1942 1943 1944 1945 Jumo 211 6575 5780 1900 ---- Jumo 213 ---- 76 3911 1285
In July and August 1944 heavy bombardements were flown against Koethen, which also caused heavy damages at the Junkers Motorenwerke facility of Koethen. In April 1945 Koethen was occupied by the U.S. Army, but in July 1945 the city was handed over to the Soviets. After WWII the Junkers Motorenwerke at Koethen were used by the VEB Foerderanlagenbau Koethen in 1950.
introduced Jan 2004, transfered Dec 2017
contents last updated 1 Feb 2004