Junkers M24 Engine at Aachen
with members of the Versuchsanstalt
The M24 was designed by the Versuchsanstalt at Aachen in 1913. It was the first Junkers engine, which was capable for forward and back turn directions. Like most previous engines, the prototype of the M24 was built by Gebr. Klein at Dahlbruch.
The ship engine was mounted onboard the experimental river boat Albatros and showed good experiences. Five more M24s were built by Junkers Motorenwerke at Magdeburg due to these experiences.
Power: 74kW / 100hprs
Cyclinders: 2 x 200mm
Lift: 2 x 250mm (Tandem)
Turnrate: 300 per minute
introduced Jul 2004, transfered Nov 2017
contents last updated 9 Jul 2004