Single Cylinder Locomotive Engine, 1913, one built
The M23 was another experimental engine for locomotives. It was designed by the Versuchsanstalt at Aachen in 1913. It was intended to couple several engine blocks into a multicylinder engine. The engine was mostly designed for high turnrates of 800 rpm and more.
The M23 was built by Junkers Motorenwerke at Magdeburg in 1914. During static tests it got a gas free injection mechanism. In 1915 it was delivered to the Versuchsanstalt at Aachen, where Dr. Mader used it for several static tests.
Cyclinders: 1 x 120mm
Lift: 2 x 150mm (Tandem)
Turnrate: 800 per minute
introduced Jul 2004, transfered Nov 2017
contents last updated 9 Jul 2004